Saturday, December 5, 2009

Finding My Knitch....


So....I'm blogging! Or I'm going to try to. I've taken up a few crafty hobbies this year. Knitting and Sewing. I want to learn and get better. I wanted a place to show off my projects and brag about my progress.

Mary, one of the women I work with, taught me to knit. I made a few hats and a couple of scarves so far. Here is the first project. I loved the colors, but it turned out really skinny and I only knew the knit stitch at the time.





My SIL taught me how to make a pretty basic baby blanket. She made me a couple when I had my son, and she showed me how and I got addicted! Now I want to REALLY learn to quilt. Here are some of the baby blankets I've made for friends and family...






These are in the wrong order...my first is at the bottom. I made this one for my friends Steve and Stephanie's new baby boy Gage. The middle was my second blanket that I made for my mom's lake house. And the top blanket I made for a woman I work with who is adopting a baby girl from China
.

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented! Those quilts are awesome! I especially love the pink one :)
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging Sara! I will have you know it is addicting.

    Love the quilts. I wish I could do that!

    ReplyDelete