Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Projects

I'm starting on some fun Christmas gift projects! I went to Hancock Fabric today and picked up some pretty material. I want to make aprons for my MIL and Jackson's sitter Joan. This will be my first attempt at following an actual sewing pattern! I can't wait to get started! They are a bit retro...I left the fabric store just about as giddy as a kid on Christmas morning!!!





Another project I've begun, is to recreate some dish towels like my Grandmother Gross made. The one I have might be 20 years old. I'll have to check with my mother on that! My fist one turned out pretty nice, and it was easy on top of that!! I have five more to make before Christmas. Plus the aprons!! But I'll devote an entire afternoon of Jackson napping to start on those!!!


My grand mother's dish towel is the red one...




1 comment:

  1. I love the dishtowels! Are they easy to do? Don't you just love going to the fabric store? I always come out with way more material than I had planned on buying. I get all excited and inspired! haha

    ReplyDelete