Friday, January 15, 2010

Knitting Projects


Here is my first cable hat!! They were a lot easier than I thought. I ended the hat a little to quickly because it came out a tad small. So, it's a hat for Jackson! I'm really bad at figuring out when to start shaping. The instructions said to start at 5 inches....well, that didn't work out so well! Plus I'm a tight knitter, I don't think that helps at all. The hat in my profile picture was made by my friend Kellie's "sizzor", Colleen. Her hat has a nice loose knit. Maybe I need to try a bigger gage needle.....yeah! More to buy!!!




I'm also knitting a fabulous scarf. Maybe for me...maybe for someone special! Who knows. The yarn changes colors about every 2 rows. I cast on 25 stitches and I'm doing it in a stockinette stitch. I tried a seed stitch, but it looked to busy with all the color changes. I know I chose a boring stitch, but the yarn is SO pretty!!! The yarn is by Noro Iro and I love it!!

3 comments:

  1. Love Jackson's new hat! I too still have trouble sometimes with getting the hat the right size...you can always "try" it on and see if it's fitting your head yet before you start your decreases. I've been wanting to knit a scarf with Noro for a while now, I guess I'm going to have to go shopping..

    I'm currently knitting socks for Dawson...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try socks....but I don't think I'm that good yet. The heel looks really hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hat! And you blog! I now have a blog!
    I love this blogging thing!

    Darlene

    ReplyDelete